- The infrastructure industry is one of the most critical pieces of the world’s economy.
- It is estimated that $10 trillion is spent every year on infrastructure development globally.
- McKinsey & Co. projects that figure will rise to $15 trillion by 2025.
- Canada’s Long-Term Infrastructure Plan details how the government is investing approximately $200 billion in infrastructure over 12 years, starting in 2016.
- As the Canadian construction industry eagerly begins to ramp up activities in the field, it is being directed to conduct work in more responsible, intelligent, safer, and cost-efficient ways: The Canadian Construction Association “COVID-19 – Standardized Protocols for All Canadian Construction Sites, v4” outlines practical recommendations on how to work in this new reality.
- At the site management level, developers and contractors are mindful of complying with CSA/W202-18-Erosion and Sediment Control: Inspections and Monitoring Standard.